Monday, March 10, 2008

90/90 LazyCat





Aren't these great? Crochetaloopa! I especially like the crocheted jewelry AND the zoo series!

Lazy Cat Gifts was created by three friends in Ann Arbor, MI. Two of them were in medical school at the University of Michigan and the third worked in a laboratory there. All of them had grandmothers who crocheted, however Kelly had the most experience.

After honing their skills for several years making many gifts for many family members and friends, they decided to try to sell some of their creations! They had a good start at a local craft show and found Etsy.com while searching for a gentle way to beginning selling online. (Plus, Etsy comes with the bonus of a great community of artists!) Etsy is also great for them, because Kelly has moved to Philadelphia, while Allison and Stasia still live in Ann Arbor. However, they keep in touch every day! And, they are all so excited Kelly is moving back to Ann Arbor in June!

They enjoy using the skills from their grandmothers to create wonderfully hip and modern pieces. They crochet in both yarn and wire, creating artisan crochet bead jewelry, scarves, hats, etc. They are constantly looking for ways to expand crochet, and they love making custom items!

1 comment:

sam staffen said...

Hi!
I am Dr. Sam. I would like for you to come to my blog. I have been a Carneologist for the last 18+ years. In my time, in the feild of Carneology, I have discovered an emotional dilema effecting at least 25 million americans, according to my personal research. I have just began a blog to possibly and effectively help people cure this emotional dissorder while remaining anonymous. I have founded the name for this disorder and named it. Do not be mad at me for leaving this in your comments because in no way am i diagnosing you with this dissorder. I am only attempting to shed light to many people in an effort to help womankind. Please feel free to come to my blog at www.dingbatitus.blogspot.com and read about this newly discovered problem afflicting millions nation-wide and who knows how many world wide.
Thankyou very much, Dr. Sam