Saturday, June 5, 2010

Back Again!



Busy family stuff here--I did get some delicas together to work on the owl feather bracelet I plan to do, in memory of my sister-in-law- working on a bead embroidered pendant focal- almost finished, and a black and silver netted collar, awaiting black hand dyed silk ribbon!

And.....I've been working on some memory collage boxes. Today, I attended a class taught by Sherry Goodloe, of Got Art - http://gotart4u.blogspot.com/ and http://www.etsy.com/shop/gotart . She's such a great teacher and her 'kits' are just perfect. There were 10 of us in the class, and each and every one of us left with great memory boxes! ( most of us didn't want to leave, but....;>) ) I don't take too many classes, I usually attempt to learn on my own, but Sherry always makes it fun AND relaxing--so, as one of my 'classmates' mentioned--it was just like a day away at a Spa!

Here are some pics of mine, I think I want to add a few more things, but I'm really happy with how it turned out! Thank you, Sherry! ♥

5 comments:

whyte said...

Great memory box. I try to learn on my own too, but when I do sign up for a class, it's like.....why didn't I do this first. It just saves so much time and so nice to have a hands on instructor. So you really like working with the wax??!!

QueenBe said...

I love it.... I will have to check out her blog. Did you wax over the bird and everything? Looks great!

ECLECTICMIXUP said...

This is a wonderful composition. I love all the detail....... something I always wanted to try too. Thnks for sharing. CarolF

Sherry Goodloe said...

I am so glad you were able to come to the workshop Marilyn! Thank you for all the kind words *blush blush*

Hope to see you again soon! :)

I blogged about the workshop as well. Lots of photos! Stop by when you get a chance.

Hilary said...

Cool box! I too am working on a collection type of box and it is taking me soo much longer than I expected, which is a good thing.